Humberto Vargas began his musical studies in Mexico City; studied piano under the tutelage of Maestra Eunice Rocha in the Mexican Methodist Church; after he decided to study a bachelor degree in bassoon at the National School of Music in Mexico. After playing in diverse orchestras in Mexico, he moved to Montreal, Quebec, Canada to obtain a Master's degree in Symphonic Orchestra Conducting under the tutelage of Maestro Jean-Francois Rivest and Maestro Paolo Bellomia at Montreal University.
He decided to attend also several Orchestra conducting workshops with Maestros such as Harold Farberman (Bard College of Music); Marin Alsop (Baltimore Philharmonic), Leon Boltstein (Jerusalem Philharmonic), Lorraine Villancourt (NEM Montreal); Peter Eotvos (Berlin Philharmonic); Apo Shu (Shanghai Philharmonic) among others.
He has conducted diverse Choirs and Orchestras in Mexico City, Montreal, and New York. He moved to Calgary in 2013, where he was invited to conduct various choirs and orchestras as well; his musical activities include:
- Director of the First Alliance Church Orchestra
- Assistant Director of the First Alliance Church Choir
- Musical Director Choir “Yodel Club Heimattreu”
- Musical Director Choir “Voix de Rocheuses”
- Musical Director Hand Bells Choir group “Acclamation” at First Baptist Church Calgary.
- Guest Conductor at the Chamber Orchestra at the University of Ambrose
- Guest conductor of the New West Symphony and Chorus.